Thursday, August 29, 2013

No waves 'cept heatwaves.

I've been given a lot of freedom lately, 
and I am very grateful.
The drawing for this hare tattoo was meant for someone else, 
but they didn't end up getting tattooed, 
so a very talented local tattoo artist claimed it instead.
That made it a little more stressful, of course,
but it went really well
and I'm happy it all worked out.


It's so hot in Minneapolis this week 
that I even went swimming last night.
In a lake.
On purpose.
Meryl told me we were doing it, 
and I was too hot to resist.
So in Lake Nokomis, 
during a beautiful sunset with my beautiful wife, 
I switched back and forth from doggy paddling to floating on my back
while she swam around me 
and watched me take gulps of gross lake water.

I can't wait for autumn.
I can't wait for chilly nights and backyard fires.
There's a very comfortable temperature somewhere between -30 and 98,
it just can't be found in Minnesota most of the year.
Luckily the shop has air conditioning, kinda,
and I spend all my time there. 
I hope someone out there is enjoying their summer,
and they come get tattooed and tell me all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment