Friday, October 11, 2013

Goodbye, Minnesota.

I don't even know where to start.

After a million years in Minnesota,
(or at least what feels like my entire adult life)
Meryl and I have decided to leave.
I wish I could say I love this house too much,
or I'd miss the May Day Parade or Powderhorn Park more than I could stand,
but I guess the truth is I'm ready for a new adventure.
Well, I'm not sure I'm ready ready,
but we're going anyway.
And where to?
Not back to the east coast,
or even the west coast,
but somehow deeper into the unknown,
and we're trading lakes for mountains.
Some day, maybe, we'll get back to the ocean,
but for now, Fort Collins, Colorado.

Tribal Rites Tattoo,
(home to super-inspiring tattooers
Curtis Burgess, Ben Merrell, and Erick Erickson)
was hiring.
I loved working at Tribal Rites during my guest spot in September.
They work so hard there,
and push themselves (as well as each other) to be better and better,
and I want to be a part of that.
I am grateful that they are hiring me,
and starting in the new year,
I'll be there full time.

So goodbye, Minnesota.
Not yet; and not forever, of course.
I don't leave till late December.
And I'll be back every so often to do guest spots.
A flight to Denver is quick and relatively cheap, too,
so you can visit whenever you want.


Thanks very much to Twilight Tattoo for having me the past year,
and Identity Tattoo for the 5 years previous.
Thanks to all my clients in Minnesota,
especially all of those who let me explore my style,
and get a little weird with some of my drawings.

I hope Colorado is ready for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment